Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up #3

It was so nice to be able to catch up and craft with friends over messanger video today. Lots of good friends I have met through Whimsy Stamps craft retreats.

Today's challenge was to use the freebie image Toilet Paper Dudley from Whimsy Stamps. Here is my card:

I decided to take on another challenge set by Kristie Marcotte (The Best Things in Life Are Pink) to make a black and white card with a pop of color. I also chose to use the same sketch as she did too:


I printed out the image and colored it using my prismacolor pencils. I then fussy cut it out and added some white gel pen dots to his body.

I cut out a white cardstock panel measuring 4" x 5.25". I used Whimsy Stamps Farmhouse Basket stencil, and added some VersaMark Watermark ink to the background through the stencil. I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder for a tone-on-tone textured background.

I stamped the Whimsy Stamps Lots of Dots and Messy Mesh background onto some scrap pieces of cardstock using some black ink. I then cut these into strips, adding one to a piece of black cardstock and adhered them to my white card panel.

I then die cut another piece of white cardstock using Whimsy Stamps Tombstone Tag die set (now retired) and adhered this to the white panel.

I printed out the freebie sentiment that came with Toilet Paper Dudley, and used Whimsy Stamps Quick Strips die set to cut it into a banner. I also used the same die to cut out a black banner and added these to the card panel.
 I finished off the card by popping up the dragon on foam dots and adhering it all onto a standard A2 black card base.

Can't wait to see what the challenge is for next week, and catch up with my crafty friends.

I am also entering this card into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - 'E' is for - in this case mine is for embossing.

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe. Happy crafting x

 Farmhouse Basket Stencil - Whimsy Stamps Lots of Dots Background Rubber Cling Stamp Messy Mesh Background Rubber Cling Stamp Quick Strips Die Set - Whimsy Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment