Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Cute Card Thursday - Summer Colors

Our theme at Cute Card Thursday this week is 'Summer Colors'. 
As always, we welcome your own interpretation. 

I didn't use an image this week, but instead used colored chip cards from the local hardware store for my background.


I used the smallest of the Whimsy Stamps 'Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles' to die cut each of the colored swatches and them stuck them up and down randomly on the card for the background. The white background is cut out using the largest of the nested rectangles.
 I then used the Whimsy Stamps 'Word Die Set - Sympathy Heartfelt & Condolences' to show you how this set doesn't just have to be used for sympathy cards! I cut out the large word 3 times and glued them on top of each other for a little dimension.
I used Whimsy Stamps 'Scripty Occasions' clear stamp set for the sentiment. The actual stamp says 'Many Thanks' but I didn't want all. The trick to just stamping part of the image is to use washi tape to cover the part of the sentiment you don't want (in this case 'Many'), ink up your stamp and then remove the tape before stamping. Voila! You have only stamped the part of the sentiment you want.
I die cut the hearts from Whimsy Stamps 'Baby Animals Die Set' and added a little baker's twine to add a little color to the top of the card.

 

 

We are sponsored this week by Di's Digi Stamps, a great prize as always! 
Hope you can join us! See you there!

Thanks for looking!
Happy crafting :-)

1 comment: