Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Mother's Day Card #1

One of my favorite brands of products at the Crafty Doodle Chick Store are My Favorite Things (appropriate name right?!). 
I have been overloading on Jennifer McGuire YouTube videos recently, and saw this design. I thought it would work perfectly for one of my Mother's Day cards. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG9aDNbL5qM&index=1&list=LLDCdCObFrGr7iL39h0UMmaA
(Just to confuse me, Mother's Day in the UK is March 11th - always earlier than the US and something I always have to be organized for!)


I started off by adding a heat embossed background design to the pink cardstock from my stash. I used the dots from MFT's Chill Wishes stamp set. I stamped these using Versamark watermark ink and then heat embossed it with transparent embossing powder. I love the tone-on-tone look that you get by doing this.

I then die cut MFT's Mesmerizing Mandala die-namic from white cardstock and adhered this onto the pink background. I cut a strip off the left hand side of the pink cardstock, cutting around the mandala die cut so that you would still end up with the pink behind the die cut. I then added a thin strip of white down the left to add a little more interest (also copying the video!!)

I stamped the sentiment from MFT's Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink. I used this ink so that it would still be a little wet afterwards, and then heat embossed it with transparent embossing powder to git it a little shine. I then die cut the banner using MFT Blueprints #27.

The heart was die cut from MFT Blueprints #27 using the same cardstock as the rest of the card. I added some wink of stella to the top to give it some glitter. The banner and heart were popped up on foam dots.

You'll find these products in the Crafty Doodle Chick store:

 Chill Wishes Stamp Set MFT Die-namics Mesmerizing Mandala Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes 

Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the Crafty Doodle Chick Blog every day for lots of inspiration from the rest of the design team!

Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment