Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

My Favorite Things - Sketch #550 & 'Feeling Beachy' theme

 I've been have fun playing along with sketches and challenges lately, and this week I combined both the current sketch #550 and slimline challenge 'Feeling Beachy',  from My Favorite Things.

 

Here is my card:



I stamped the images from the Summer Safari stamp set and colored them in with my Spectrum Noir Trish-blend markers. I then fussy cut them out and set them aside.

I cut a strip of light blue Cardstock measuring 3.25" x 8.25". I used the Wavy Lines stencil with some blue distress ink to create the wave effect on the background. 

I used a cloud die to make my own stencil, and then used white pigment ink to create the subtle cloud effect at the top of the panel.

I cut a couple of hills from white cardstock and added some yellow and brown ink to make them look 'Beachy'! I added these to the bottom of the blue need panel.

I adhered this panel onto a standard white slimline card base (3.5" x 8.5").

I stamped the sentiment using the same stamp set and die cut them in a small banner. I used the same blue distress ink to color a piece of cardstock and then cut that into a banner too. I added these to the top of the card.

I finished the card by popping up the images on foam dots.

Thanks for looking.

Happy crafting :D

Summer Safari Wavy Lines Stencil

1 comment: