Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Paw-Fect Challenge #1 - Anything Goes

It is the start of a brand new challenge series over on the Crafty Doodle Chick Chat & Create Facebook Page!


The challenge theme for this month is 'Anything Goes'.
As always, we welcome your own interpretation.

I chose to use this adorable stamp set from My Favorite Things - Canine Companions.


I stamped the images using Versafine Onyx black ink and then heat embossed them using a fine transparent embossing powder. I then colored them using my Zig Clean Color Markers, and fussy cut them out.
I was using this week's My Favorite Things sketch #374 for my card design and love how it came out! 
I used MFT's Staggered Paw Prints stencil along with their Cement Gray premium dye ink pad to create the background panel. I then used Blueprints #28 to cut out the 'lift the flap' frame. This was then mounted onto some gray cardstock from my stash.
I wanted a pop of of color on my card and so stamped the dog bed from MFT's 'You make my tail Wag' stamp set onto MFT's Ripe Raspberry cardstock. I matched the sentiment strip, using the sentiment from Canine Companions and heat embossing it in white. I then die cut the banner using another die from Blueprints #28, adhering it to the flap.



I couldn't resist coloring up more of these dogs from the Canine Companions stamp set and adding them to the inside of the flap. I stamped the sentiment again from the canine companions stamp set, along with the paw prints from MFT New Best Friend.



I had the poodle left over and so stuck her on the inside of the card with the happy birthday sentiment from the canine companions stamp set.

I am super happy with how this card turned out! My daughter will love giving this to one of her friends!

The prize for this month's challenge is a 
$10 gift certificate to the Crafty Doodle Chick store
They have lots of great brands of stamps and dies, including my all time favorite My Favorite Things!!!

 I hope to see you joining in the challenge this month.


Thanks for looking!
Happy crafting x

   Available to purchase at the Crafty Doodle Chick store:


Canine Companions - MFT MFT New Best Friend


Available to purchase at My Favorite Things store:


 

 




3 comments:

  1. Such a cute and fun card! I need to get that die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work combining both challenges. I might need to buy that paw print stencil.

    ReplyDelete