Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2018

MFT Sketch Challenge #386 & Birthday Project

I love the Pure Innocence girls from My Favorite Things  and used 'Blowing Kisses' on this card. I used the current sketch #386 for my card design.


I colored in her skin, hair and shoes using my prismacolor pencils, and then paper pieced the dress. I stamped the image onto MFT's Country Fair Plaid paper (now retired) and then fussy cut the dress out.

I decided to use this for a birthday/celebration card and thought the image was perfect to place a cupcake in her hands. I used the top cupcake from stack in the MFT 'Birthday Chicks' stamp set and fussy cut it out to place in her hands.

I cut out the MFT 'Peek-a-Boo Wonky Window' from a white cardstock panel and used the cupcake from MFT 'Happy Hippos' stamp set to stamp behind the window with versa mark watermark ink. I then heat embossed them with white ink, and blended wilted violet distress oxide ink over the top.

I stamped the sentiment from MFT's 'Birthday Chicks' stamp set onto purple cardstock from my stash. I then heat embossed this with white embossing powder and cut it out using one of my 'free with $60' dies from MFT.

I put the card together, popped the girl up on pop dots and added some enamel dots for texture. This was all adhered to a standard A2 white card base. 

I love how this card turned out!

 

 
  
I am entering this card into MFT's Sketch challenge #386:




Thanks for looking!

Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment