Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Scrapbook Steals & Imaginisce 'Sole Sisters' collection


WARNING!!!!! Long post and lots of photos! (Please don't stop here - keep reading :-))

For my first DT post I was absolutely THRILLED when Brittany Perry and Kristy Lee from Scrapbook Steals chose to give me the Imaginisce 'Sole Sisters' collection kitI had secretly been hoping to see this collection come up on Scrapbook Steals ever since I saw the launch over on the Imaginisce blog. I had even gone a bought myself some stick pins and buttons from another site that matched the collection!!!! There is SO much exciting stuff in this collection, I tried to make a variety of projects using each and every bit (including the packaging!) 
So my first project was inspired by my daughter's recent dance recital - how perfect that her outfit should be black and red!!! I made a mini book full of all her pre-show poses and dance moves! The red background paper on these pages is actually the packaging from the embellishments (absolutely perfect!!! I always try and use the packaging wherever possible!!) I used a variety of the papers and embellishments from the collection, trying to stick to the color scheme, adding twine and brads also. 










Next I went to town making cards! This has become one of my recent passions and I must say, with this collection it was SUPER easy! All the inspiration I needed was right there in the packets! The first card uses the border strip paper and and embellishments from the collection. Add one little sentiment stamp and voila! A quick and easy card!

The next card took a little more time and effort, but as soon as I found the 'If the shoe fits....' quote, I just knew I had to use the shoe stamp from the collection! I used a variety of colored inks and then jazzed the shoes up with a little twine.

The last card I made was using another of the stamps from the collection, colored in with prismacolor pencils! A very simple design and I also added one of my stick pins and buttons I mentioned earlier - not from this collection but a perfect match! Another quick and easy card!

And lastly, just to show those of you who think 'This collection is no good...I only have boys to scrap!" - tada! A boy layout! This one is of my son whose school recently took part in the 4th July Parade in Park City. It was the first time his school had entered - and they were placed second behind Park City High School! Anyway, back to the layout! As you can see the papers can be just as easily used for a more masculine page - and yeh - he was wearing the perfect color combination!!! These papers worked out perfectly.

So as you can see, I was in IMAGINISCE heaven with this 'Sole Sisters' collection kit. I hope I have inspired you all to hit that steal button and grab a great collection. I had SO much fun with this - and still have SO much left to play with! :-) Thanks again Brittany and Kristy for matching me up so perfectly with this collection.
Scrapbook Steals have the best scrapbooking supplies in their online shop, with daily steals at 9am and 9pm MDT, and lots of inspiration, ideas and challenges on their blog. 

Until next time...happy scrapping :-) x

I am also entering the layout into the sketch challenge at Artful Delights.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects using this collection! It is a great collection and you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a fantastic job with this collection! It's amazing how much you were able to create from it. I love it all, and I especially love the layout. Great job on the Artful Delight sketch! So glad you played along with us this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCKED that collection! All of your projects are awesome and you did a fabulous job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at all these goodies. The dance photos are fabulous, but you've really got my vote on the shoe card. Many thanks for joining us at Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete