Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Scrapbook Steals & American Crafts 'Shoreline'


So this is my second DT post - and yet again, Brittany Perry from Scrapbook Steals, you gave me an AWESOME collection to work with! This time I was given American Crafts 'Shoreline' collection - lots of bright, fun colors and patterns, along with some FAB embellishments and thickers! This is a definite MUST for anyone wanting to scrap summer photos!

My first layout is using a photo of my daughter 'chilling out' last summer! I used all of the blue's in the collection - mixing and matching patterns and embellishments (this really would work for a boy photo too!) I did switch up some of the buttons on the rosettes and slimmed down the pinwheel to fit the papers - but because they are all held together with pop dots this is super easy to do.


I used one of this month's Sketch'N'scrap #14 sketch:

I then decided these papers would be perfect for some 'sprinkler' photos! The colored papers matched the colors in my photos perfectly! I'd like to say a big thank you to Jen for her sketch (this is Pearl #4a). I fussy cut the scalloped border following the pattern of one of the papers, added some twine and more of the AC embellishments. Topped it off with the AC thickers - and voila! 



I then decided to play around with the papers some more. I was inspired by a card I saw on the internet where they used the negatives from cut outs. I decided to cut out the words "I <3 summer" on my cricut and then back them with the different colored and patterned paper. I love how this turned out. I added a few more embellishments and a rosette, a bit of stitching - and I think this has got to be one of my favorites cards I've made so far!



And lastly, because I feel the NEED to create something other than just a card and a layout, I made a summer word book! I used a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe and cut out the papers and cereal boxes (yes - I never buy chipboard! Cereal boxes are just as good and always on hand!) and stuck it all together! I found some scraps of ribbons that matched the colors, added some of the fun embellishments, and now it is ready and waiting to be filled with this summer's photos.



So as you can see - the possibilities with the American Crafts 'Shoreline' collection are ENDLESS! I hope I have inspired you all to hit that steal button and grab a collection. Thanks Brittany and Kristy for another awesome collection!

Scrapbook Steals have the best scrapbooking supplies in their online shop, with daily steals at 9am and 9pm MDT, and lots of inspiration, ideas and challenges on their blog. 
Until next time...Happy scrapping :-) x

3 comments:

  1. omg........wow everything is so fabulous girl...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work. I love the pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects! I love the blues in your Summer Time layout, so pretty, soft and soothing! Thanks for joining us this month at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete