Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

MFT Summer School 2018 Session 1 - Symmetry

I love the MFT challenges every summer, and this year his no exception! I am playing catch up as I was away camping for the first week!



Symmetry refers to positioning your elements mirrored across an imaginary line that divides your project into even segments. It’s a great method for achieving balance in your design and is a reliable means of laying out your card elements when you don’t have a lot of planning time to spare.

I have had the 'Layered Snowflakes' die-namics in my stash for some time and been desperate to use it! Although, the amount of snow we get here is crazy and I was SO over it that it put me off making ANY snowy cards! Lol!


I decided the current color combination #96 challenge worked perfectly for this card design.


I used cut out the snowflakes using Blu Raspberry patterned paper from MFT 'Calm & Cozy Chevron 6x6 paper pad' (now retired) and Ripe Raspberry cardstock.

The ornament I made using the 'Wonky Stitched Circle STAX' and a small hand cut topper. I added some baker's twine from my stash to color coordinate with the ripe raspberry.

I stamped the sentiment from the 'Hug in a Mug' stamp set.

I added this white panel onto a background using Blue Yonder 'Hearts & Stripes 6x6 paper pack'.

I used a standard A2 white card base and popped up the panel using a piece of fun foam.

I am adding this card to the Symmetry challenge and the current MFT Color Challenge #96.

Thanks for looking!

Happy crafting x

Die-namics Layered SnowflakesDie-namics Wonky Stitched Circle STAXLLD Hug in a MugHearts & Stripes Paper Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment