Pages

Monday, July 9, 2018

MFT Summer School 2018 Session 1 - Complimentary Colors

I love the MFT challenges every summer, and this year his no exception! I am playing catch up as I was away camping for the first week!



Complementary colors refer to colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel — yellow-purple, red-green, and orange-blue being the traditional complementary pairings.

I used this super cute image from the 'New Best Friend' stamp set and chose the colors blue/orange as I thought this worked perfectly for coloring in the cat.


I colored the image using my prismacolor pencils and used my Scan'n Cut to cut it out.

I decided this week's MFT sketch #392 worked perfectly for this card design.


I used the 'Stitched Scallop Basic Edges' die-namic to cut out the scalloped edge from both the 'Bundles of Blossoms Brights' 6x6 paper pad and some blue cardstock from my stash.

I stamped the sentiment using the 'New Best Friend' stamp set and then cut it out using free with $60 die (not sure of name!)

I used a standard A2 white card base and adhered all of the elements on top. The image was popped up on foam dots for a little added dimension.

I am adding this card to the Complimentary Colors challenge and the current MFT Sketch #392.

Thanks for looking!

Happy crafting x

Bundles of Blossoms Brights Paper PackMFT New Best FriendDie-namics Stitched Scallop Basic Edges

No comments:

Post a Comment