Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Hanging with my Gnomies - Ombre

I made another card for the Summer School on the MFT blog this week, and created a card for the Ombre challenge.

Ombre:
Ombré is a time-tested technique that still somehow manages to feel both modern and innovative. There are a number of ways to add an ombré effect to your cards — from simple die-cut shapes and sentiments to full panels. Opt for a clean and simple single hue or fade from one tone into another for more dramatic appeal.


I used background papers to create the ombre effect.


I stamped the images from the Hanging with my Gnomies stamp set and colored them in with my prismacolor pencils. I added some white gel pen detailing and then fussy cut them out. 

I used the Horizontal Snow Drifts cover up die to cut out the white cardstock background and also the inlay pieces from the different patterned papers. I chose papers that gradually went from dark to light in the green and blue color families. I adhered the white background to a standard A2 white card base and then inlaid the colored paper pieces. 

I stamped the sentiment from the same Hanging with my Gnomies stamp set and die cut it into a banner. I adhered this to the panel, along with the images.

I finished off my card by adding some heart sprinkles from my stash.

The 7KidsCrafts store have so many cute My Favorite Things goodies to choose from - you should go check them all out!

Thanks for looking.

Happy Crafting x

My Favorite Things - Clear Stamp, Hanging with My Gnomies



No comments:

Post a Comment