Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up #6

It was so nice to be able to catch up and craft with friends over zoom today, and the group is ever growing. Lots of good friends I have met through Whimsy Stamps craft retreats.

Today's challenge was to make a Fiesta card, with ribbon/twine and enamel dots. When I think of Fiesta and party, I think of margaritas! The Hippo Beach Fun clear stamp set had the perfect hippo drinking cocktails image!
Here is my card:


I stamped the hippo from Whimsy Stamps Hippo Beach Fun stamp set and colored her in with my prismacolor pencils. I added some white gel pen detailing and then fussy cut her out.

I used stamped out the sentiment from the same set and used Whimsy Stamps Quick Strips dies too cut out the sentiment banner, and dotty paper strips.

I cut a white cardstock panel measuring 4 7/8" x 5 1/8". I used Whimsy Stamps  Pierced and Stitched Circles die set to cut out the round window from the panel. I also used Whimsy Stamps Build-an-Island die set to cut out the palm tree from some white cardstock.

I tucked the base of the palm trees into the circle window and adhered some yellow cardstock from my stash behind the window. The fronds of the trees were adhered to the front of the panel.

I adhered the strips and sentiment banner to the card and added some bakers twine from my stash.

I stamped the Whimsy Stamps Gingham background stamp onto some red cardstock and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut the panel down to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". I added the white panel on top.

I finished the card off by adhering the image and adding some enamel dots. The panel was then added to a standard A2 white card base.

I love how this turned out! Can't wait for next weeks challenge :D

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe. Happy crafting x

*NEW Hippo Beach Fun Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps Quick Strips Die Set - Whimsy Stamps Pierced and Stitched Circles Die Set - Whimsy Stamps Build-an-Island Die Set - Whimsy Stamps Gingham Background Rubber Cling Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment