Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up #8

It was so nice to be able to catch up and craft with friends over zoom today, and the group is ever growing. Lots of good friends I have met through Whimsy Stamps craft retreats.

Today's challenge was to make a 'Get Well' card, with texture and Washi tape. I really struggled with this theme, as I don't have an obvious Get Well image from Whimsy. I decided to go the flower route and used the Beaucoup Bouquet stamp set.

Here is my card:



I challenged myself to stamp and color on Kraft cardstock this week. I stamped the flower onto a scrap piece of Kraft cardstock and then arranged and stamped the rest of the leaves and flowers on a 5" x 3.75" panel. I stamped the sentiment using the Everyday Mini Sentiments stamp set.

I used the coordinating beaucoup bouquet die set (now retired) to cit out the large flower.

I colored in the images using my prismacolor pencils, laying down some white before adding the color. I love how these turned out. I popped the large flower up on foam dots.

I added some Washi tape from my stash and pleated it to add the texture to the card.

I added the panel to some white cardstock and then adhered it all onto a standard A2 black card base.

I love how this turned out! Can't wait for next weeks challenge :D

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe. Happy crafting x

Beaucoup Bouquet Clear Stamps Everyday Mini Sentiments Clear Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment