Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up #7

It was so nice to be able to catch up and craft with friends over zoom today, and the group is ever growing. Lots of good friends I have met through Whimsy Stamps craft retreats.

Today's challenge was to make a 'Magic' card, with distress ink and a wooden element. I immediately thought of the Create Magic stamp set, with the wizard.

Here is my card:


I stamped the images and colored them in with my prismacolor pencils. I then fussy cut them out.

I used the Galaxy Galore background stamp and white heat embossed it onto 2 separate panels. One of the panels I die cut using the Slimline Postage die set. I added acetate and foam tape to the back of the panel to turn it into a shaker card.

The other panel I die cut using a new die coming soon, and then used distress oxides to blend over the embossed background. I used shaded lilac, broken china and faded jeans distress oxides. I then used a cloth to wipe any excess ink off the heat embossing.

I added some wooden stars and sparkle stars to the shaker and adhered the 2 panels together.

I used the broken china distress oxide to color a panel of cardstock and then heat embossed the sentiment from the Create Magic stamp set with white embossing powder. I cut this into a banner shape and adhered onto the front of the card.

I finished off the card by adhering the images onto the front, along with another wooden star.

This was adhered to a white card base measuring 3.75" x 8.75".

I love how this turned out! Can't wait for next weeks challenge :D

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe. Happy crafting x

Create Magic Clear Stamps Galaxy Galore Background Rubber Cling Stamp - Whimsy Stamps Slimline Postage Die - Whimsy Stamps Shaker Maker Foam Tape - White - Whimsy Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment