Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up #9

It was so nice to be able to catch up and craft with friends over zoom today, and the group is ever growing. Lots of good friends I have met through Whimsy Stamps craft retreats.

Today's challenge was to make a 'Dog' themed card, with a shaker element and no designer papers. I decided to use an older stamp set 'A Girl's Best Friend'.

Here is my card:



I stamped the dog image, colored it in with my prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut it out.

I created the background panel by stamping the Puppy Paws Background stamp onto grey cardstock with VersaMark Watermark ink, and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. 

I die cut the panel using the Card Builder Windows die and then cut out the window with the Connected Oval die. I also used the oval die with white cardstock to cut out the white frame.

I adhered acetate onto the back of the grey panel and added the frame on top. I added fun foam to the back of the panel to create the shaker window.

For the shaker elements, I found some paw print and bone brads in my stash. I cut off the backs of the brads and used them as shaker elements, with some clear gems from my stash.

I adhered the grey panel directly over the top of the shaker elements onto a standard A2 black base.

I finished the card iff by stamping a sentiment from the Unconditional Love stamp set and die cut it out with the Quick Strips die set. I adhered this onto the card and popped up the dog on foam tape.

I love how this turned out! I can't wait for all the challenges in next week's Virtual Whimsy Stamps retreat! :D

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe. Happy crafting x

A Girl's Best Friend Clear Stamps Puppy Paws Background Rubber Cling Stamp Card Builder Windows Die Set Connected Oval Frame Die Unconditional Love Clear Stamps Quick Strips Die Set

No comments:

Post a Comment