Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Monday Craft Madness 8 - Scrapbook Steals


This week's challenge over on the Scrapbook Steals blog - the theme is VALENTINE's.
I chose to use the Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Lace Hearts for my projects. They are so versatile. There are 5 dies from 1″-5.8″ -  you really can make whatever you want!
The first thing I always have to make is a Valentine’s Day card for my loved one! I went plain and simple with my card, using the 1″ die to cut out 15 white and 1 red heart. Arrange them in a grid formation, add a simple rub-on sentiment, and voilĂ ! A card in under 30 minutes!
Next I thought about all the gifts given out at school. I started with the teacher gift. This phrase (‘Mrs Kreuger rules’) is something my daughter often writes to her teacher on her the back of her work when she has finished!
 
And lastly – it seems they all have to give each other gifts too (this is so different from the UK!). Here are the gifts for the girls in her class (the boys gifts will appear on here sometime in the future!) – mini loveheart treat bags. The die cut hearts make the perfect labels!
I hope I have inspired you to start work on your Valentines projects this week. 
You have until Thursday 31st January to get your entries in!
Just remember to have fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the card - simple, bold, wonderful!

    Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

    ReplyDelete