Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

MFT Sketch #368

I love my new Die-namics Cross Stitch Tag from My Favorite Things - I've spent hours looking through pinterest for patterns and stitching patterns in the evenings. It's so therapeutic!
I used this week's My Favorite Things sketch #368 for inspiration to make this simple card.

I stitched this design , wanting to leave a gap in between the hearts for the sentiment strip (as on the sketch).
I then cut out a window from the white cardstockbackground, to allow me to stick the cross stitching behind.
I used a corner rounder for the 2 opposite corners (the stitched mod rectangle die-namics set is still on my wishlist!!) and mounted it on red cardstock - rounding the 2 opposing corners again.
I drew on the black line detail using a fine black pen and ruler.
The sentiment was stamped using the Essential Sentiments stamp set and Versamark watermark ink. I then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I added a little stitch detail with a white gel pen to tie the theme all together. I popped this sentiment banner up on pop dots for more dimension.
I finished it off with a few red enamel dots.

  


I am entering this card into MFT's Sketch challenge #366:
(I rotated the sketch 180 degrees)


Thanks for looking!


Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment