Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

MFT - 3 for the price of 1 Challenges

So my intention when making this card was to join in with Event #1 of the Winter Olympics over on the My Favorite Things blog, using the current sketch challenge for my design. 



Turns out, I unintentionally colored the images to match the current color challenge too! So here is my '3 for the price of 1' card: 


I used 4 different stamp sets from My Favorite Things - 'Happy Hippos', 'Adorable Elephants', 'Cool Cat' and the new 'Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes'. I colored all of these images with my prismacolor pencils and then cut them out.

For the 'Happy Hippo' and 'Adorable Elephant' images, I cut them out using the 'Stitched Mod Square STAX' die set and guide the balloon on top.
The 'Cool Cat' was cut out and then placed onto to mod square with a couple of pink sequins.
The birthday cake was stamped from the 'Happy Hippos' stamp set. I used MFT's 'Ripe Raspberry' hybrid ink to blend to color on the 2 tiers of the cake. I finished it off with my prismacolor pencils and some sequins. This was cut out and placed onto another mod square.

I die cut a heart from vellum to go behind the banner (although it doesn't show up very well on the photograph).

I used MFT's 'Razzle Berry' card stock and 'Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes' stamp set for the sentiment banner. I used Versamark's Watermark ink to stamp and then heat embossed it with Zing white embossing powder. I used the banner die from Blueprints #27 to cut out the banner.

The pink spotted paper is from MFT's 'Party Patterns' 6x6 paper pad, which is then layered onto a white and grey cardstock background.
 

 

 

 







Thanks for looking!

Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment