Pages

Monday, January 31, 2022

Honey Bee Stamps - Inspired by Kelley's class

 So I managed to catch the live card class in the Honey Bee Stamps Facebook group a few weekends ago, taught by Kelley Kohout. I loved it - great pace and great inspiration.

I didn't have the same stamp set or dies as she used, but I used some from my stash and copied the card design.


I used Honey Bee Stamps Pretty Postage stamp and coordinating die for this card. I love the modern flowers in this set.

I stamped the image and colored it in with my Spectrum Noir Tri-blend markers. I chose the colors to match the Honey Bee Spring Fling papers. I die cut the image with the coordinating die and added some white gel pen detailing, wink of Stella and glossy accents to the flowers, leaves and hearts.

I stamped the sentiment from the same set onto the 'envelope' on the image.

Like Kelley, I embossed the cardstock background panel. I wanted to wet my cardstock a bit before embossing to stop it cracking, and so used some old shimmer mist from my stash - it gives it a little extra sparkle up close. I used Hero Arts Woodgrain Fancy die for this. 

I felt that the image would look better on a square card, and so made a card base measuring 5" x 5".
The pink patterned paper is cut to 4.75" x 4.75", the white patterned paper is cut to 4.25" x 4.25" and the embossed cardstock panel is cut to 4" x 4".

I popped up the image on some tape.

I love how this turned out and can't wait for the next card class!

Thanks for looking!
Happy crafting :D

Pretty Postage | 4x4 Stamp Set Pretty Postage | Honey Cuts Paper Pad 6x6 | 24 Double Sided Sheets | Spring Fling


No comments:

Post a Comment