Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Postpals Reindeer Scheme

I have joined a group called Postpals, which send cards, letters, small gifts to sick children in the UK.


This year I have decided to join in with the 'Reindeer scheme'. A Reindeer is someone who is assigned a Pal and their siblings and sends 9 cards during the month of December, one from each reindeer, talking from the reindeers perspective i.e. talking about the sleigh getting full, getting ready for the big night, loving carrots being left out etc. It is not only fun for the children receiving the cards, but also for the volunteers getting to do imaginative writing. In the past one girl believed the reindeer wrote to them as she helped look after her disabled brother. Another little boy was very relieved as Father Christmas definitely knew he was in hospital so wouldn’t be missed out.



I am making a different card from each of the reindeer to go along with the letters - which means that my blog may suddenly become overrun with reindeer cards!!!




For this reindeer card, I used an image from Bugaboo digital stamps (Snowball Reindeer) which I colored with my prismacolor pencils. I paired this with Echo Park's 'Winter Park' collection of papers and My Mind's Eye's 'Winter Wonderland' twine. I think it's turned out pretty cute! This reindeer letter will be all about playing in the snow and having fun!



I am entering this card into the current sketch challenge (#214) on the Bugaboo challenge blog:




I am also entering this card into the Jellypark Friday challenge blog - pets/animals.

Happy Crafting :)

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous reason to have your blog overrun with reindeers. It's great that you're getting involved in the scheme. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card--and great reason for sending! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete