Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Honey Bee Stamps Challenge #3 - Rock it with Watercolor

The current Honey Bee Stamps challenge was to use watercolorstraditional watercolors, distress inks, watercolor markers, etc. I decided to use my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers with water for this project.


I stamped the border stamp from the Zen Floral stamp set using Versamark watermark ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I like using the embossing with my zig pens as it keeps the colors from running into each other so much.

I colored with my Zig brush markers and used a water brush to soften and blend it out. I then fussy cut the edge out.

I wanted to keep the rest of the card quite simple to highlight the border, and so I added it to a green card base and edged to with white dots.

I added the yellow background paper and used the Large Thanks stamp, again with Versamark watermark ink and white embossing powder. I realized that the sentiment got lost on the yellow back, so I used a pen to add in a shadow.

I finished the card off with some coordinating bakers twine and popped up another of the flowers from the Zen Floral stamp set.


I am adding this into the Honey Bee Stamps Facebook challenge #3.

Zen Floral | 4x6 Stamp Set  Large Thanks | 2x4 Stamp Set

Thanks for looking.

Happy Crafting x



No comments:

Post a Comment