Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Whimsy Stamps Penguin Graduation

It is the start of a new challenge over on the Whimsy Inspires Challenge blog, with the theme as always 'Anything Goes'. 
For more inspiration from the design team, and to enter the challenge, please check out the Challenge Blog.

My son is graduating this year and the 'Penguin Graduation' digital image from Crissy Armstrong at Whimsy Stamps was just perfect for making his graduation card!
The school colors are red and white - red for boys and white for girls - so my color combo was already set!


The digital image comes with a flower in the penguin's right hand. As this card was for my son I didn't want this, so I imported the file into my silhouette studio and then proceeded to 'subtract' the image I didn't want. You could always print it out as it comes, cut around the image (cutting off the flower) and then go over any lines left using a white pen. I colored the image with my primsmacolor pencils and used my ScanNCut to cut it out.
The sentiment is from the Whimsy Graduation Sentiment digital set, which I printed out and cut into a banner shape
I used the large stitched tag die from Whimsy Stamps (now retired), MFT's Congratulations Circle Frame and some red and white striped cardstock behind the image.
Some black & white bakers twine and a few enamel dots finished the card off perfectly!

I love this color combo.

Hope to see you joining in our challenge this month. 

Thanks for looking.
Happy crafting 


  Die-namics Congratulations Circle Frame  



No comments:

Post a Comment