Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

MFT Sketch #385

I have just purchased a retired My Favorite Things stamp from a friend - Super Boy - and I love it! I had to make a birthday card for a 5 year old boy who is into all things super heroes so this was perfect! I used the current sketch #385 for my card design (although was too late to enter! Lol!).



I stamped the image and colored it in using my prismacolor pencils, and added some white gel pen detailing. I didn't want a white border around the figure so I fussy cut it out.

I used a whimsy stamps 'sun rays' stencil in the background with wild honey and mustard seed distress inks. I die cut the houses from plain black cardstock using MFT's 'our town' die-namic. The grass was die cut using MFT's 'grassy edges' border die and MFT's 'Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot 6x6 paper pad'.

I used MFT's 'Stitched snow drifts' border die to cut the wavy border from the base panel and red cardstock, before layering over the blue shimmer cardstock.

I then adhered it all to a standard A2 white card base.

I love how this card turned out!

  
 


Thanks for looking!

Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment