Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

MFT You Make Life Colorful

This is the first year I have plucked up enough courage to enter my cards in to the My Favorite Things 2018 Card Design Superstar. This year I thought 'WHY NOT??'


So here is my entry into the Clean & Simple Genius Category:


I absolutely adore this 'Just the way you Are' Pure Innocence stamp set (now retired). Anyone out there who has a little girl can probably relate to this image. All the mismatched, non-coordinating clothes that we used to take them out in! I used to love it - it was either that or fancy dress costumes!

I colored this image using prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut her out.

For the background I masked off a rectangle and used the MFT Drifts & Hills stencils with my distress oxide inks. I decided on the rainbow color scheme as it worked perfectly to highlight this stamp set. I added some drops of water to the background for added texture.

I stamped the sentiment from the same set and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder to make it 'pop' from the background.

I popped the girl up on pop dots and then adhered the panel onto a standard top folding A2 card base made with MFT's Orange Zest prestige cardstock.

I am adding this to the Clean and Simple Genius category of this years 2018 Card Design Superstar contest.

Fingers crossed.
Thanks for looking & happy crafting x

Stencil Drifts & Hills\Orange Zest Prestige Card Stock

No comments:

Post a Comment