Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Cute Card Thursday - Stars

Our theme at Cute Card Thursday this week is 'Stars'. 
As always, we welcome your own interpretation. 

As the Jewish celebration of Hanukkah is coming up, I decided to use the star theme to make some Hanukkah cards with the Star of David.



I made to cards with the same design but some different products.

The first card I made is more traditional and focuses on the Menorah.


I used Lawn Fawn's 'Love you a Latke' stamp set to stamp out the menorah and sentiment using Versamark Watermark Ink. I then heat embossed this with gold embossing powder.
I used a soft blender brush to add some blue ink in a diagonal across the card and wiped any excess from the gold embossing. I then used a variety of blue distress inks to stamps the stars on the background, and a gold sharpie to add some dots. This was then mounted onto a dark blue panel and then onto a standard A2 white card base.

The second card is a more whimsical take on the menorah. I used the digital stamp set from Whimsy Stamps 'Happy Hanukkah'


I printed out the candles and sentiment onto white cardstock. I then cut down the panel and used a versa mark watermark pen to color in the flames in the candles. I then heat embossed them with gold embossing powder. I used Lawn Fawn's 'Love you a Latke' stamp set to add the stars around the panel. I stamped the other sentiment using the Lawn Fawn' stamp set onto blue cardstock from my stash and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I cut it onto a banner and popped it up on foam dots. This was then mounted onto a dark blue panel and then onto a standard A2 white card base.

Two quick and simple Hanukkah cards.

We are sponsored this week by Di's Digi Stamps, a great prize as always! 

Hope you can join us!


Thanks for looking.
Happy crafting x

love you a latkeHappy Hanukkah Digital Sentiments


No comments:

Post a Comment