Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Whimsy Stamps Kinetic die release!

Interactive cards are all the rage right now and Whimsy Stamps have come out with some dies of their own. Here are a couple of cards I made using the new release...

I started by printing out and coloring the new Whimsy Stamps 'Iggy' digital image with my prismacolor pencils. I separated the penguin from the image and enlarged it. 
I used the Whimsy Stamps polkas dot stencil and some tumbled glass distress ink to create a snow effect for the background.
I used Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Trio dies to create the snow hills and stamped the sentiment using the snow flurry stamp set and VersaFine CLAIR Glamorous ink pad.
I used the No See Kinetics Basics set of dies to make this penguin move - super cute if I say so myself!!


The next card I made I wanted to have snowflakes falling! I needed to hide the mechanism behind a tree so I used the Kinetics Straight Basics die set along with the No See All Seasons Tree die set.



I started by printing out and coloring the new Whimsy Stamps 'Snowy' digital image with my prismacolor pencils.
I used distress inks and fine glitter for the background panel, and then stamped the snowflakes from the Glitter Globe Paper Door kit in VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist ink.
I wanted a number of snowflakes to fall all over the card but I didn't a piece of card showing, so I used acetate instead. I attached four pieces of acetate for the snowflakes - one in each of the holes in the die.
The sentiment is from the Snow Flurry stamp set, stamped with VersaFine CLAIR Paradise ink.
I love how this card turned out!


I hope you all try out these kinetic dies - interactive cards are SO much fun!

Happy Crafting :D x

Iggy - Digital StampPolka Dot StencilStitched Border Die TrioSnow Flurry Clear StampsVersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - GlamorousSnowy - Digital StampVersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Morning MistVersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment