Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Therm-o-web & Whimsy Stamps Collaboration Week



Whimsy Stamps and Therm O Web are teaming up once again for a fabulous week of inspiration and prizes! Be sure to visit both blogs all week long for some amazing ideas and to enter to win!
Here are the cards I created.


I began by using Rina K Design Glitz Glitter Gels from Thermoweb onto some matching colored cardstock from my stash. I used the Hello Yellow and the Screamin Green Glitz Glitter Gels on yellow and green cardstock - I then set them aside to dry.

I used Whimsy Stamps Shaker Maker Rectangles die set to create the white frame and inside piece, cutting it from a piece of white cardstock measuring 4" x 5.25". I used the inside of the frame to stencil the cloud background.

I used Rina K Designs Electro Pop Ink in Blaring Blue, along with Whimsy Stamps Swish stencil, to caret a wave effect on some blue cardstock from my stash. I also used the same Blaring Blue ink to create a cloud background, using the Whimsy Stamps Grass and Cloud Edger die to create a stencil.

I stamped the hippo and sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Hippo Beach Fun stamp set. I colored in the image with my prismacolor pencils, added white gel pen detailing and fussy cut him out. I used Whimsy Stamps Quick Strips die to cut out the sentiment banner.

Now the glitter gel is dry, I used Whimsy Stamps Build-an-Island die set to cut out the palm tree and beach, from the yellow and green glitter cardstock, and a piece of white cardstock. I colored in the tree trunk and pieced together the island. I added this behind the white frame. I popped up the hippo and frame on foam tape.


For my second card, I used Rina K Designs Neon Flock sheets in Hello Yellow. I started with stamping Whimsy Stamps Galaxy Galore background stamp in VersaMark Watermark ink onto some black cardstock. I then used Ranger's sticky embossing powder. Once heat set, this is a sticky print that allows you to adhere foil and flock to it - I ran it through my Gemini Jr to ensure it stuck properly. I love how it turned out!

I used Whimsy Stamps film strip die and cut it out of white cardstock. I adhered the galaxy background behind it.

I stamped out the images using Whimsy Stamps A boys Dream stamp set and colored them in with my prismacolor pencils. I then fussy cut them out.

I stamped the sentiment from the same A boys Dream stamp set, using the Rina K Designs Electro Pop Ink in Blaring Blue, onto one of the windows that came out of the film strip die. I popped this panel up on foam tape and added some enamel dots from my stash.

I added the film strip panel onto a white slimline card base and added all the images to finish it off.

Two super fun cards using products from Therm-o-web and Whimsy Stamps - a great combination.

Each company is giving away two $25 gift certificates - 1 on the Whimsy blog and 1 on the Therm O Web blog. To increase your chances of winning, leave a comment on each of the collaboration posts on both blogs. Comments must be left by Monday, July 19th at midnight EST, and winners will be randomly-selected and announced on Wednesday, July 21st.
 Thanks for looking and happy crafting x

Rina K. Designs Neon Glitz Glitter Gel - Hello Yellow Rina K. Designs Neon Glitz Glitter Gel - Screamin' Green Rina K Designs Electro Pop Inks, Blaring Blue Swish Stencil - Whimsy Stamps Grass and Cloud Edger Die Set Hippo Beach Fun Clear Stamps Quick Strips Die Set Build-an-Island Die Set Rina K. Designs Neon Flock Sheets, Hello Yellow picture Galaxy Galore Background Rubber Cling Stamp *NEW Slimline Film Strip Die - Whimsy Stamps A Boy's Dream Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment