Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

Whimsy Stamps July Mini Release - Calico and cross stitch

I'm loving this adorable mini release, especially the cross stitch stamps for Whimsy Stamps. So many adorable elements to be used together or apart.

The fun Calico papers which have been released are also adorable! I decided to showcase the papers by making a quick and easy 'quilted' type card.


I chose 2 of the patterned papers which contained the same same color scheme, along with a cream neutral paper, and cut them in varying thickness strips.

I then adhered them to a scrap paper panel, and cut it down to measure 3.75" x  5". I adhered this onto a black cardstock panel which was a tiny bit bigger to give a very thin frame. I then adhered this onto a cream cardstock base measuring 4" x 5.25".

I stamped the sentiment and hearts using the Cross Stitched sentiments clear stamp set, onto some cream cardstock and cut it down into a 1" strip. I adhered this onto a piece of black cardstock to give a thin frame. This was then adhered onto the 'quilted' panel.

I die cut a couple of banners with the Quick Strips die, using some matching blue cardstock from the Otter 6x6 paper pad (a perfect color match!) and some black cardstock. I added these along with some twine from my stash.

This was all adhered onto a blue cardstock panel from the Otter 6x6 paper pack and then onto a standard A2 white card base. I finished it off with some enamel dots from my stash.

There are lots more ideas using the new release - head over the the Whimsy Stamps store and check them out!

Thanks for looking.
Happy Crafting x

 **NEW Cross-Stitched Sentiments Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps 
**NEW 6x6 Paper Pack - Calico - Whimsy Stamps Quick Strips Die Set - Whimsy Stamps 6x6 Paper Pack - Otters - Whimsy Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment