Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Hope Your Have a SUBLIME Day

I'm up on the Crafty Doodle Chick blog today with some fun Lawn Fawn products! Lawn Fawn is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands right now.

I used Lawn Fawn's 'You Are Sublime' stamp set for this fun lift-the-flap card.My mother-in-law is big into diving (she took up the hobby aged 60 and is not stopping aged 70!) so this card is perfect for her! All of the sets I have used are currently available at the Crafty Doodle Chick store.




I stamped out all of the images and used my prismacolor pencils to color them in. I used the coordinating Lawn Fawn die cuts 'You are Sublime' to cut the pieces out.

For the front of the card, I used a 3 3/4" x 5' white cardstock panel. I used Lawn Fawn's 'Lift the flap Circles' die to cut out the flap. The great thing about the Lawn Fawn dies is that they match perfectly in size with each other! I used the Lawn Fawn 'Porthole frames' to cut out a grey porthole to place around the flap.

I kept the front of the lift-the-flap piece very simple, adding the yellow submarine and sentiment from the You Are Sublime stamp set.

Underneath the flap I made a background 'sea' panel, using chipped sapphire, mermaid lagoon and salty ocean distress inks. I blended them together and added drops of water to the background to make it look more watery.

I added the images from the You Are Sublime stamp set and then covered that panel with clear acetate. That way, none of the images would come off or get stuck on the flap. I added the 'sea' panel onto a piece of blue cardstock measuring 4" x 5 1/4", and then added the white front panel on top.

This was all then added to a standard A2 white card base.

you are sublime stamp set - Lawn Fawnyou are sublime - lawn cutslift the flap circles - Lawn Cutsporthole frames - Lawn Cuts
  
I am also entering this card into the current Lawnfawnatics challenge #32 - Color Inspiration.


Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the Crafty Doodle Chick blog every day for lots of inspiration from the rest of the design team

Happy Crafting. x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Love how you used the lift the flap die. And the surprise in the other side of the flap is just amazing. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so adorable! LOVE the porthole that lifts up!!! sooooo cute!! and that scene underneath is AMAZING! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete