Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up #10

I was late to the party on zoom today, and it was a quick session for me. I hadn't planned or organized anything ink advance, so this was a quick, on-the-fly card!

Today's challenge was to make a 'Thank you' card, with watercolor and rainbow. I decided to use an older favorite red rubber stamp called Jelly Bean from Whimsy Stamps.

Here is my card:



I stamped the elephant image, colored it in with my prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut it out.

The watercolor theme threw me for a loop this week! I don't do watercolor very often, if at all. But this was a good challenge and I love how it turned out! I used distress oxide inks (festive berries, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, lucky clover, salty ocean, wilted violet) and watered them down to make the rainbow. I die cut the panel using the Card Builder Windows die.

I stamped the sentiment from the Dinosaur Friends stamp set and cut it out into a banner shape. I adhered this onto some of the leftover watercolor rainbow and cut it into a banner, leaving some of the color showing.
I added fun foam to the back of the rainbow panel and adhered it onto a standard A2 white card base. I then adhered the elephant directly onto the panel.

A super easy card!

I love how this turned out! I can't wait for all the challenges in next week's Virtual Whimsy Stamps retreat! :D

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe. Happy crafting x

Jelly Bean Rubber Cling Stamp Dinosaur Friends Clear Stamps Card Builder Windows Die Set 

No comments:

Post a Comment