Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

MFT Summer School - Focal Point

Another card for MFT's Summer School - this one is all about 'Focal Point'.


Today we’re talking about the idea of a focal point; a way to concentrate the recipients interest on the main element of the design.

I used the adorable 'Snuggle Bunnies' stamp set.


I colored the images using my prismacolor pencils and then cut them out.

I copied the inking idea from the Summer School video - using the Stitched Dome STAX die-namic to create a mask. I used wilted violet and cracked pistachio distress oxides to match the colored images. I blended the colors together and added some water droplets for added interest. I then used the die-namic to emboss around the panel.

I used stamped the sentiment from the Snuggle Bunnies set and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then cut this sentiment into a banner strip. I popped this strip up on foam dots for added dimension.

I popped up the images on foam dots, overlapping them on the sentiment banner to ground them. I added some small hearts that were die cut using the stitched strip die-namic, from paper I inked using the wilted violet distress oxide to match.

I added some stitched to the edges of the panel and then adhered this panel onto a standard A2 grey card base.

I love how this card turned out and love being challenged with the MFT Summer School!

Thanks for looking!

Happy crafting x

Snuggle BunniesDie-namics Stitched Dome STAXDie-namics Stitched Strip



No comments:

Post a Comment