Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

MFT Sketch #511 - Old Friends

It's been a while since I had the time to join in with the My Favorite Things sketch challenges, but it was a good friends birthday yesterday and MFT had the PERFECT stamp set for him! Even the kids said the stamp looked like him! Lol!



I used the Old Friends stamp set for this card. I colored the image in with my new Tri-Blend Spectrum Noir pens...ok - I found it impossible to use Copic Markers but I LOVE my new spectrum noir pens. I think it is because they have the hard nib rather than the brush tip. I fussy cut the image out.

I copied the current sketch #511, switching it up just a little:



I decided to use the large banner die from MFT Blueprints #13 (now retired) for the rectangle piece on the sketch. I stamped the sentiment from the Old Friends stamp set and added a couple of strips of patterned paper. The paper I used was from MFT Your Crafty Happy Place paper pad. I tried to make it look like an abstract outdoor scene with the trees, mountains and stars - our friend loves the outdoors and camping so this worked perfectly.

I love how this card turned out - the sketch was perfect. And he loved it!!

Thanks for looking!
Happy crafting x

BB Old Friends  Happy Trails Paper Pad



No comments:

Post a Comment