Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up #2

I wasn't able to make it to the 'live' session this weekend, but I did manage to get my card made for the challenge :D

The challenge was to use Whimsy Stamp Gnome Matter What stamp set, Whimsy Stamps Gingham background stamp and enamel dots. Here is what I came up with:


I decided to take on another challenge set by Scrapbook and Cards, which was to find a layout or card in the Spring 2020 issue that inspires you to create a similar or scraplifted project. Here is what I used for inspiration:


I used the sketch from page 32 for my card design.

I stamped and colored the image used my prismacolor pencils. I then fussy cut it out.

I cut a white panel measuring 4" x 5.25" and used Whimsy Stamps Spring Edgers dies (coming soon) to add the die cut strip down the middle of the panel.

I stamped the gingham background using distress ink and the Whimsy Stamps Gingham background stamp and adhered it to the left side of the panel.

I used Whimsy Stamps Farmhouse Greenery stencil to dry emboss a piece of green cardstock from the Whimsy Stamps Sweetness paper pad. I then die cut this and a piece of white cardstock using Whimsy Stamps Notched Rectangles die. I adhered the green emboss cardstock to the right side of the white notched rectangle.

I stamped the sentiment from the Gnome Matter What stamp set. I adhered this onto the main panel. 

I added some bakers twine to the top of the card, attaching it using Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.

I popped up the gnome image with foam dots and added some green enamel dots from Whimsy Stamps Summer Breeze set.

This was all adhered onto a standard A2 black card base.

Can't wait to see what the challenge is for next week, and catch up with my crafty friends.

I am also entering this card into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Add some Texture.

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe. Happy crafting x

Gnome Matter What Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps Gingham Background Rubber Cling Stamp Farmhouse Greenery Stencil - Whimsy Stamps 6x6 Paper Pack - Sweetness - Whimsy Stamps Notched Rectangles Die Set - Whimsy Stamps Enamel Dots - Summer Breeze


No comments:

Post a Comment