Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Saturday Live - Crafty Catch Up

So this past Saturday a few friends and I got together to try a live crafty session over Messenger - and IT WORKED! It was so much fun to be able to catch up on life and enjoy crafting with others again. I miss crafting with my bestie Deb - we were beginning to get together for coffee and crafting regularly, to put the world to rights - unfortunately that had to stop abruptly. 

So myself, Deb and Elle (another Whimsy retreat and Disney fanatic!) decided we should craft together over livestream.

We all decided on a Whimsy Stamps and patterned papers, and created our own cards to see which direction our own individual crafting styles would take us.



We decided to use Whimsy Stamps Ant You Sweet stamp set along with Whimsy Stamps Rainbow 6x6 paper pad. I decided I would also use Whimsy Stamps Slimline Windows die and make a skinny card.

I colored my image using my prismacolor pencils, randomly selecting the colors for the straw and ant (at this point I still had no idea what I was really going to do for the card!) I fussy cut him out.

Once colored, I tried to use some of the rainbow papers with all the colors, but it just wasn't;t working for me! I decided instead, to use the 3 colors I had used in my image and add them to the windows in the slimline die.

I stamped the sentiments from the Ant You Sweet stamp set in VersaFine CLAIR black ink and then heat embossied them with clear embossing powder to make them stand out a but more.

I then added the image onto the front and voila! Card finished!

Here is a screen shot of the 3 different cards we made - love how different we all made them!


We are going to try and do this each week, may be try and add some more people to our group. So much fun and just what the doctor ordered!

Until next time.

Happy crafting and stay safe x

Ant You Sweet Clear Stamps 6x6 Paper Pack - Rainbow - Whimsy Stamps Slimline Windows Die - Whimsy Stamps

1 comment:

  1. I loved being a part of this activity. Excellent company and was a great way to think about my crafty approach. The 3 very different cards was such a fun outcome and the company was awesome.

    ReplyDelete